San Antonio Lighthouse for the Blind
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at San Antonio Lighthouse for the Blind
Machine Operator (Full Time)
Location: San Antonio, TX
Conjoin component parts in order to make a viable product. Accomplish by using non-complex, single needle and double needle, semi-automated and automated machines. The machine requires that few decisions be made by the operator.
· Clean machines to ensure proper functioning
· Feed material or part into non-complex semi-automated and automated machines
· Align the material or part on the proper position
· Check machine to ensure it is working properly
· Run item through the machine
· Cross train on other machines
· Prepare processed item to give to either the next worker in the process or to the
· Perform quality checks. Remove incorrectly assembled items from rotation
· Fix or discard rejected items
· Count number of items processed
· Must be able to work a 40 hours a week with overtime as required
· Must be able to report to workstation without assistance
· Must be able to sit for long periods of time
· Must be able to lift 5-10 pounds
· Must be able to conduct repetitive motions on a daily basis
· Fold merchandise when needed.
· Assist material handler and peers as needed.
· Work in other departments when needed.
· Clean up left over materials and work area.
· Assume additional responsibilities, perform additional duties, and complete special
projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of the products being produced
· Ability to count
· Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions or instructions given by
· Ability to work independently as well as in teams
· Ability to operate automated and semi-automated machines as well as hand tools
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· Must pass proficiency test on two of the level one machine tasks
· Must be able to follow instructions, follow pattern, and must be able to handle equipment operation
· Must be able to maintain standard productivity rate per project
· Employees must be able to perform, demonstrate, and maintain competence on at least two operator tasks with the work cell within the department
· Single Needle Sewing Machine
· Double Needle Sewing Machine
· Programmable Sewing Machines
· Serger Sewing Machine
· Eyelet Machine
· Cover Stitch Sewing Machine
· Dot Socket Machine
· Grommet Machine
· Western Punch
· Dot Stud Machine
· Ace Cutter
· Absorbent Filling Machine
· Production Inspection
· Walking Lockstitch Sewing Machine
This job description does not imply these are the only duties to be performed. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operations of the Division/Department upon request by his/her supervisor.
San Antonio Lighthouse for the Blind is a non-profit organization and an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer: minorities/females/disabled/vets