Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Superintendent - South Region
at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Our Project Site Superintendent is ultimately responsible for the day-to-dayoperations on the project site with primary responsibilities of managing sitesafety and the quality of the installation. To accomplish these goals daily duties may include:
Whatdo you get to do in this position?
- Site Manage the installation of energyconservation measures including but not limited to mechanical, electrical,lighting plumbing, and roofing systems
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with engineers,subcontractors, inspectors, owner and owner's stakeholders
- Read and understand all project documentation including but not limitedto project drawings, submittals, schedule, invoices, installation manuals andcut sheets
- Manage installation schedule
- Manage project site safety for internal and subcontractedpersonnel
- Maintain all project quality assurance documents in accordance withSchneider Electric quality policy
- Manage Project Site logistics and customer communications
- Update Project Management Information System
- Understand basic refrigeration Systems and HVAC systems
- Prepare customer-training manuals and provide customized training tocustomers as needed
- May participate in field audits and related analysis and results andperformance assurance of installed systems
This job might be for you if:
- 4 year college or technical degree
- Two-year HVAC degree or 4 years of equivalent work experience
- Natural problem solver
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and project management skills
- Ability to travel greater than 75%. Normal work schedule isMon-Thurs/Fri depending on project requirements. Special project circumstancesmay require additional working hours on weekends; however, this is typicallyscheduled in advance.
- Good understanding of HVAC, electrical systems and control systems ispreferred
- Ability to understand HVAC drawings, electrical drawings and schematics
- Ability to understand General Building Construction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to,Word, Project, Power Point and Excel
- Strong basic math skills
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.