Seguin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Education Aide (Behavior)
at Seguin Independent School District
SEGUIN INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
JOB TITLE: SpEd Aide Behavior WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Principal PAY GRADE: Clerical/Tech (2)
DAYS EMPLOYED: 186
DEPT/SCHOOL: Campus DATE REVISED: March 2013
Assist the teacher in the preparation and management of the classroom activities and administrative requirements. Work under the supervision of one or more certified teachers.
2 years of college (48 Hrs) from an Institute of Higher Education
Or hold a Certificate of Qualification for Paraprofessionals
*Must apply for TEA Instructional Aide Certification
Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work well with children
General knowledge of office equipment
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations and state and local board policy.
- Assist the teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Work with individual students or small groups to conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher.
- Assist with the administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
- Assist in supervising students throughout the school day, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Keep the teacher informed of any special needs or problems of individual students.
- Assist in maintaining a neat and orderly classroom.
- Assist in inventory, care and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist the teacher in keeping administrative records and preparing required reports.
- Participate in staff development training programs, faculty meetings and special events, as needed.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Copier, typewriter, duplicator, audiovisual equipment, fax machine, and computers
Reading; ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written); maintain
emotional control under stress; ability to handle all types of behavior
Physical Demands/Environment Factors:
Moderate standing, stooping, bending and lifting
Able to work outdoors in inclement weather (rain, cold, extreme heat, etc.)
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s Policy on Evaluation of paraprofessional personnel.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.
Approved by ____________________ Date _________________________
Reviewed by ___________________ Date _________________________
Employee Signature ______________ Date Received _________________
Job Contact Information
Thursday, April 30, 2020 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)