Southwest Key Programs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Family Specialist- Relief
at Southwest Key Programs
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Licensed Clinical
The Family Specialist is responsible for completing assigned daily contact with youth, transporting the youth to and from group counseling and/or recreation activities, as well as meeting the conditions of the youth’s service plan. The Family Specialist will work on an as-needed “on call” basis to cover cases and must maintain a flexible work schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Conduct face to face contacts at various locations with youth.
- Develop and maintain helping relationships with youth in program to encourage individual accountability.
- Complete all required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Enter data promptly in Southwest Key Programs database.
- Notify Case Manager or designee immediately in the event of a youth crisis, suspected illegal activity or any other youth or program incident.
- Participate in youths daily program activities to include but not limited to: group counseling, recreation and assist with transportation if necessary.
- Review case files to become familiar with youth history.
- Maintain all required trainings and certifications.
- Provide youth advocacy in the areas of health, education, vocation, legal and family work.
- Provide crisis intervention and administer first aid when necessary.
- Ability to confront clients with problematic behaviors and set limits.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent with at least (2) years of experience working with at risk youth.
- Clear results from a criminal background check from appropriate entity.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license, registration and maintain state mandated car insurance.
- Own reliable transportation as the use of your personal vehicle is required for this position.
- Preferred- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
Must be able to obtain First Aid Certification (CPR). Must be able to verify client’s whereabouts by driving, sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time. Daily use of various office equipment. Bending, stooping, climbing up stairs and lifting up to 15 lbs. required to complete daily tasks.
This is a program which requires daily contact at various client locations. Work shifts are subject to change. Noise levels vary from mild to moderate. This position may require extended periods of time in an automobile. Exposed to prevalent weather conditions.