Southwest Key Programs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Southwest Key Programs
- Job ID
- # Positions
The JJAEP substitute teacher will assist with classroom instruction in the absence of a regular teacher. This person follows and teaches lesson plans, aids students in understanding subject matter, and ensure that regular classroom routines are followed.
- Provide meaningful instruction to students in assigned classrooms while the regular teacher is absent.
- Review implement regular teacher’s routines, procedures, lesson plans, and curriculum objectives.
- Establish and maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment.
- Report any student injuries, illness, and serious discipline problems to school administration.
- Provide specific educational and behavioral guidelines during all classroom activities.
- Follow procedures to accommodate clients with special needs.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Program Director.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Follow daily schedule and allow for routine or scheduled changes as necessary.
- Role model appropriate behaviors for all students.
- Maintain a professional and ethical relationship with staff, students, and outside entities.
- Assist in student supervision as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to be objective in providing structure for students.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in content area.
- Cleared background check form appropriate entity.
- Experience working in education.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is required to bend, lift, hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise work with hand or hands. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds. Must be able to obtain Handle With Care Certification and CPR Certification.
General office environment with moderate noise. This position is mostly sedentary, involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. A busy environment with many unscheduled interruptions. Frequent computer use at workstation for extended periods of time. Public contact position requiring appropriate business apparel.