Spurs Sports & Entertainment L.L.C
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Technology Intern - Part-Time
at Spurs Sports & Entertainment L.L.C
The Spurs Sports & Entertainment internship program is designed to offer qualified candidates the ability to receive hands-on business experience with a professional sports team.
The IT intern role is responsible for providing onsite support for technology equipment including computers, laptops, printers, and any type of computing device. Functions include inventory management, installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and software equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. This person should be highly motivated and have excellent personality and customer service skills. The candidate must have the ability to work in a fast- paced environment, as well as establish and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with supporting the technology needs of the building as well as the multiple franchises under Spurs Sports & Entertainment.
- Lift, move, clean computer equipment as necessary.
- Install, configure, test, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software to maintain required desktop service levels.
- Assist with updating and closing assigned tickets in the IT ticketing software.
- Perform moves, additions, and change requests as they are submitted by staff employees.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
- Maintain an inventory of all monitors, computers, laptops, printers and other peripherals.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Gain base understanding of company applications as they relate to desktop support and troubleshooting.
- Associates degree in Computer Science and/or minimum of 1 year relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Windows 7/10 and Office 2016/Office 365.
- Eager to learn about new technologies and procedures related to desktop support.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, peripheral accessories, and research into desktop issues.
- Must be able to lift and transport heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers, monitors, and peripherals.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, and positive attitude
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must adhere to company guidelines.
- Ability to organize equipment in a timely manner.
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.