Spurs Sports & Entertainment L.L.C
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Spurs Sports & Entertainment L.L.C
This position is responsible for planning, training, and implementation of safety programs and systems according to state, federal, safety, health and fire codes and verification. The eligible candidate will be able to collaborate and influence across departments externally (contractors) and internally in order to develop policies and procedures. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload. The eligible candidate should meet a multitude of qualifications, including but not limited to: ability to maintain confidential documents and files, handle multiple tasks, maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude and have strong organizational skills.
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
- Facilitate safety training sessions focused on workplace safety and environmental awareness for all staff in order to educate the importance of injury/accident prevention. Regularly verify tasks are safely executed and staff are properly trained according to OSHA, NFPA, applicable safety codes, Hazmat procedures, and ADA Compliances.
- Creates and continuously updates all Operational Safety Programs such as Lock Out/Tag Out, Aerial Scissor Lift Operation, Forklift Operation, Fall Protection, PPE, First Aid, Contractor Safety, etc.
- Verifies all Life Safety Systems are being maintained, coordinate required inspections, and performs job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations.
- Liaison with Construction, Third-Party Contractors, and internal staff ensuring Building Safety Procedures are being followed and the necessary permits have been obtained.
- Maintains safety files and records to ensure compliance.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university
- Three (3) years related experience and/or training in a similar role, preferably in the public assembly arena industry
- OSHA 30 Certified
- Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, ADA,NFPA and other applicable industry environmental, health and safety standards
- Certified trainer, or willing and capable of being certified within 6 months of employment, in First Aid/CPR/AED, Forklift and Pallet Jack and Aerial lifts
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to develop multiple solutions to an issue and make valid recommendations for resolution
- Able to understand and execute processes including: recognizing customer needs, communicating process changes, measuring and assessing success and identifying areas of improvement
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and support multiple high-level positions
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills (demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy) to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information
- Strong teamwork and customer service aptitude required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks
- Stand/Sit/Walk for long periods of time
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time. Essential functions listed above must be performed with or without accommodations.