Stock Building Supply
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Forklift Operator (Lumber)
at Stock Building Supply
Load/unload trucks and prepare customer orders for delivery. Material handling of lumber, framing hardware and other building materials. Will be forklift certified and trained to safely handle materials.
- Safely and efficiently load, unload and build outgoing loads of lumber and building materials into storage facilities, onto semi-trailer trucks and flatbeds, securing all outgoing loads in appropriate and safe stacking method.
- Regularly empties trash receptacles and maintains a clean warehouse and yard.
- Safely operates banding equipment, saws and other necessary facility equipment.
- Ensures staging areas, loading docks and bays are clear of any materials, lumber or obstacles.
- Occasionally provides load delivery assistance upon Location Manager directive when loads are difficult or oversized.
- Receives and organizes all incoming lumber, warehouse products, commodities and materials in a timely and efficient manner. Completing all verification paperwork and material distribution into the appropriate bins and storage locations/areas within same business day.
- Participates in and supports Inventory and Inventory Control activities, maintaining organized warehouse and yard as well as counting and preparation work for inventories.
- Open communication with all levels regarding location challenges, solutions and business impacts.
- Minimum education - High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous forklift certification preferred.
- Lumber and building material product knowledge, basic math skills, accurate with a tape measure and saw.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge a plus.
- Previous material handling or constructions experience preferred. Experience working with lumber a plus.
- Previous forklift operation experience preferred.