Strategic Resources, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Background Check Administrator, San Antonio, TX
at Strategic Resources, Inc.
Strategic Resources, Inc.
Qualified candidates with an active Secret Clearance will perform background investigations to support functions of U.S. Army Installation Command
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Identifies categories of personnel requiring background checks and the requirements specific to each
• Initiates, coordinates, processes, submits and tracks background checks for individuals.
• Monitors background investigation processing through e-mail and automated systems.
• Compiles, interprets, screens, and reviews results of preliminary background checks to identify
whether they contain derogatory information.
• Enters data into tracking systems, upon initiation of background check requests, and updates
• Reviews entries and be competent in:
• Joint Personnel Adjudication System
• OPM Central Verification System
• Personnel Investigations Processing System
• Defense Central Index of Investigations
• FBI fingerprint and installation records check results
• Electronic Questionnaire for Investigations Processing
• Provides corrective feedback and assistance to individuals completing security and employment
documents through both written and verbal communications.
• Produces a variety of documents using Microsoft Office to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access,
and other automated systems.
• Prepares correspondence and processes as required; produces correspondence, memorandums,
publications, forms, reports, spreadsheets, presentations
• Reviews and edits documents for correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, and government/military
formats; proof-reads and recommends corrections prior to printing and distribution.
• Other duties as assigned.
Security Clearance and Other Mandatory Requirements:
• Must Possess a Minimum of an active Secret Clearance
• Must Successfully Pass Background Check
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
• Must have the ability to independently analyze and resolve difficult issues and problems in the
assigned area of responsibility involving work methods and management of day-to-day operations.
• Working knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to read and edit documents with a high level of accuracy.
• Working knowledge of Department of Defense forms and policies pertaining to background checks
• Possess the ability to assist applicants with completing the process and provide directions to avoid
reoccurring and known pitfalls, which can delay the process.
• Working knowledge and experience with the hardware, software, and peripherals used in security
• Ability to work within a team environment and independently, with minimal supervision.
• Must have proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel and other MS Office software.