Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Headquartered in San Antonio, SWBC is a diversified financial services company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, SWBC is committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.
Performs a variety of payroll related tasks which include maintaining employee and payroll records; reviewing, auditing, and maintaining timekeeping records; processing new hires and terminations, and processing salary changes; computes wage and overtime calculations; calculates and processes payroll deductions; facilitates the timely and accurate processing of a multi-state and bi-weekly payroll; establishes procedures which include routine corrections to make business process documentation accurate for processing; and performs some payroll projects and other related human resources tasks.
- Computes, processes, and reconciles payroll data.
- Computes, processes, and reconciles new hires, terminations, and salary changes.
- Processes payroll runs as needed; assists other payroll team members; and assists in payroll related projects.
- Reviews and audits payroll timekeeping records.
- Computes, processes, and reconciles payroll earnings such as commissions, bonuses, and the like.
- Researches and responds to routine and complex payroll related inquiries.
- Processes supplemental payroll runs as needed; updates tax set-up at the employee and company level; assists in year-end process, and updates business process documentation.
- Maintains, reviews, and audits employee and payroll records.
- Computes, processes, and reconciles payroll deductions, including taxes.
- Develops and disseminates payroll reports.
- Must have an Associate's Degree in Accounting, Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- Must have at least two to three (2 - 3) years in multi-state processing, tax compliance and regulation, payroll processing for large employers (greater than 2,000 employees), payroll regulatory and compliance background, or related experience.
- Must be knowledgeable of all federal and state laws concerning payroll, overtime, and the like.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of attendance and payroll database systems.
- Must have a strong ability to focus on details and demonstrate accuracy.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel and Word.
- Workday experience preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of handling complex tasks, providing results, and communicating effectively with employees and management with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must type at least 35wpm accurately.
- Must be able to work under general supervision while maintaining high confidentiality and meet deadlines under sometimes stressful conditions while maintaining professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 20-40 lbs. of boxes, files, or other types of documentation materials.
- Must be able to climb, stoop, and kneel while filing.
- Must be able to travel locally to different locations of SWBC companies.
SWBC is a Substance-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug testing.
Please note, SWBC does not hire tobacco users as allowed by law.
SWBC offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes: 401(k) with company match, medical/dental, Life, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Care insurance policies. SWBC also provides opportunities for professional growth. To learn more about SWBC, visit our website at www.SWBC.com. If interested, please click the appropriate apply button. Only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements need apply.
Headquartered in San Antonio, SWBC is a diversified financial services company which provides a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, we are committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.
For employees of SWBC, it’s no surprise that our organization is consistently ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in San Antonio as well as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas. And it’s not only the excellent benefits package and competitive pay that keeps SWBC in the running; it’s highly attributed to the team-oriented culture of the organization. At SWBC, we offer our employees the opportunity to grow personally and professionally and to contribute to the success of a diverse organization.
Are you ready to work for a great company that is a great place to work? Join our Talent Network!
What is a Talent Network?