Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HVAC Service Technician III
at TD Partners
San Antonio, TX
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For over 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
JOB SUMMARY: Independently performs diagnoses, repairs, maintenance and installations of medium-sized more complex commercial and/or residential air conditioning, refrigeration, plumbing and/or electrical systems and/or equipment. Works with various types of tools, gauges, measuring equipment under guidance from a service supervisor. Reports to a Service Manager. Performs other duties as required by the position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnoses HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing and/or electrical system performance through observation, testing and setup.
- Disassembles and reassembles medium commercial or residential equipment to perform trouble shooting and preventative maintenance.
- Operates hand tools, power tools, gauges and measuring equipment to perform service to the equipment and/or mechanical system.
- Give and receive written and verbal instructions.
- Complete work orders, task lists and documents to verify work performed as needed to conform to customer invoicing requirements.
- Completes documentation of invoicing data based on hours worked and materials or equipment used to perform the service.
- Explains the service charges and work performed to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Operate a commercial vehicle and trailer.
- Purchase materials and issue purchase order numbers to suppliers.
- Maintain inventory stock on service vehicle.
- Reconcile work order documents, vendor packing slips and weekly timesheets for supervisor review.
- Maintain personal performance agreement with immediate supervisor.
Ability to follow specific directions, perform a changing variety of duties, repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure and work within precise limits and standards of numerical accuracy. Has excellent attitude and work ethic. Ability to meet customer requirements and maintain an acceptable customer satisfaction rating. Neat and clean appearance. Performs as a self-managed individual. Willingness to continue education and grow personally and professionally. Responsibly cares for company property.
- Demonstrate a level of proficiency and competence on the skill based preemployment exam.
- Proficiency and competence to effectively diagnose, repair, install and maintain small residential and/or commercial HVAC, refrigeration, electrical and/or plumbing systems and/or equipment.
- Minimum Five (5) to Ten (10) years mechanical, plumbing and/or electrical system/equipment work experience.
- Stable work history showing responsibility and professional growth.
JOB SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent; diploma from a recognized trade or technical school or equivalent comprised of 5 years’ experience and training.
- Maintains on-going required continued education, professional licenses and/or certifications as required by the position.
- Diagnostic ability as demonstrated through prior experience and/or training.
- Meets requirements of company vehicle driving policy.
- Ability to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle as evidenced by past driving performance record and to adhere to all company safety requirements.
- Ability to competently use a variety of gauges, meters, measuring instruments, hand and power tools and equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers, supervisors and the customer.
- Good math, verbal, written skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings
We invite you to come see what makes us great! Join us in our dedication of making a positive impact on our communities and work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career. Our people oriented company offers great pay and a comprehensive benefit plan that includes health & wellness benefits, paid training & education, paid time off, paid holidays, income protection, retirement and employee ownership opportunities.
TDIndustries is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a TDIndustries position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact TDIndustries at Hiring.Accomodation@TDIndustries.com
TDIndustries is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW.