Tenet Healthcare Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dietetic Tech FT Days St Lukes Baptist Hospital
at Tenet Healthcare Corporation
Under general supervision, performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled duties related to patient's nutritional care such as: entering dietary data into the computer, maintaining accurate patient profiles, and obtaining patient food preferences.
Completes established competencies for the position within designated introductory period.
Other related duties as assigned
- Examines diet orders and menus received from hospital units and prepares production sheets of specific food to be prepared for the kitchen staff.
- Calls patient to assist/receive menu selection.
- Processes new diet orders and changes to the patient diet order as required.
- Generates and edits patient tray tickets and if necessary enter date into the computer.
- Modifies diets following standards established by the Registered Dietitian.
- Interview patients and/or caregivers to obtain food preferences if necessary.
- Answers telephone calls and relays information concerning meal changes, complaints, or patient discharges to the Supervisor or Registered Dietitians.
- Works, tray line/tray accuracy as required for timely and accurate patient services as needed.
Required: High School Graduate or equivalent.
Preferred: AA Degree in Dietetic Technician or minimum2 years of college education in Nutritional and Dietetics
Required: 1 year in healthcare food service setting.
Required: Food Handler certification based on city or state requirements.
Preferred: Dietetic Technician Registration (ADA)