Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TMD-Marketing Specialist I (TCA Recruiter)
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE FILED ONLINE THROUGHCAPPS RECRUIT AT:
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH WORK IN TEXAS:
Applicants may submitapplications through Work In Texas (WIT), however applicants must complete thesupplemental questions in CAPPS Recruit to be considered for the position. Inorder to complete the supplemental questions, please register and/or login toCAPPS Recruit and access your profile. Go to CAPPS Recruit to Sign In (Link: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en)
Your job application must becomplete and thorough including responding to all the supplemental questions.Your application must contain complete job histories, which includes jobtitles, dates of employment, name of employer and a description of dutiesperformed. If this information is not submitted, your application may berejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of thisrequired information.
Who We Are: The TexasMilitary Department (TMD) is commanded by The Adjutant General of Texas,the state's senior military official appointed by the governor, and iscomprised of the Texas Military Department (State & Federal CivilianEmployees), the Texas Army National Guard (TXARNG),the TexasAir National Guard (TXANG) and the Texas StateGuard (TXSG).
Our Vision: America's premier state militaryorganization comprised of professional mission-ready forces, fully engaged withour communities, and relevant through the 21st century.
Our Mission: Provide the Governor and the Presidentwith ready forces in support of state and federal authorities at home andabroad.
Performsroutine (journey-level) marketing work for the Texas ChalleNGe Academy (TCA).Administers the TCA program application process, schedules and conducts programpresentations, maintains contact information, disseminates marketinginformation and works with the screening coordinator to ensure completion ofapplication documents. Provides communities with TCA program publicityinformation and participates in civic events. The TCA Recruiter works in anenvironment external to the TCA program facility and may be co-located withNational Guard units or with the home program training facility. The TCARecruiter reports directly to the Marketing Coordinator and works undermoderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative andindependent judgment.
Work hours are 8:00AM to 5:00PM, 40-hour week, Monday – Friday.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONSAND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles the TCA program application process from applicant prospecting to preparation for acceptance.
- Identifies and annually recruits 200 qualified statewide high school aged youth.
- Recruits qualified TCA program candidates according to Master Youth Programs Cooperative Agreement acceptance standards; using computer databases, networking, internet recruiting resources, cold calls, media and TCA program graduate referrals.
- Provides applicants with information on program facilities, operations, benefits and job or career opportunities.
- Provides potential applicants and their families with TCA program information to include training, education and job skills opportunities.
- Reviews and evaluates applicant qualifications for eligibility.
- Provide applicants with application material and forwards completed applications to the screening coordinator.
- Contacts applicants to inform them of acceptance possibilities, consideration and selection.
- Recruits applicants for acceptance by arranging program presentations.
- Gathers and maintains current contact information/records.
- Establishes point of contacts for independent school districts and the juvenile justice system.
- Networks and identifies communities and/or other civic organizations to promote TCA program.
- Develops and maintains contact information on database system.
- Assists with developing and implementing the TCA recruiting campaign.
- Arranges presentations and prepares travel arrangements as necessary.
- Promotes and markets the TCA program through public speaking engagements.
- Coordinates TCA recruiting campaign with community organizations and the local media.
- Works with the TCA Marketing Specialist to organize, prepare and disseminate recruiting materials and/or presentations.
- Addresses civic and social groups and attends conferences to disseminate TCA information concerning acceptance criterion, opportunities and class cycles.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Maintains current knowledge of the Master Youth Programs Cooperative Agreement as it pertains to applicant qualifications.
- Projects annual recruitment expenditures for budgetary consideration and control.
- Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent required.
- Three years of full-time working experience is also required. (See Substitution)
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university may substitute for the required working experience.
- A combination of military service and education equal to four years may substitute for the required working experience.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in criminal justice, behavioral science, social science, journalism, public relations, advertising, communications, or a related field is preferred.
- Texas ChalleNGe Academy graduates are preferred.
- Military service is preferred.
- Experience as a military recruiter is preferred.
- Experience working with youth who are emotionally/behaviorally at-risk is preferred.
- Experience working with community outreach programs or alternative education programs is preferred.
- Experience in recruiting, writing, scripting, editing or media relations work is preferred.
REGISTRATION, CERTIFICATIONOR LICENSURE:
- Valid driver's license is required. * The ability to obtain a Texas Driver's License will be required within first 30 days of employment. Satisfactory driving records are required for driving state or personal vehicles to conduct agency business.
Personal financial responsibility is required to enable theissuance of a state or personal credit card for reimbursable training relatedexpenses.
- Must be able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC). Selected candidate must pass a federal security background investigation. The process includes a National Agency Check and Inquiry (NACI) and fingerprinting. New employees must complete and sign the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Form SF85.
- The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires all new employees to present proof of eligibility to work in the United States within three (3) days of being hired. The Texas Military Department participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization; For more information, see: E-Verify Poster.
- Upon hire with the State of Texas, males between the ages of 18 through 25 must provide proof of registration or exemption with the Selective Service. For further information, visit the Selective Service website at https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfVerification.aspx.
This position is security sensitive and employment is contingentupon favorable results of a criminal record check with the Texas Department ofPublic Safety.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ANDABILITIES
the application process from applicant prospecting to preparationfor acceptance;
the Master Youth Programs Cooperative Agreement and the TCA acceptancestandards;
- adolescent problems, growth and development;
- techniques used in interacting with Cadets; and
- program policies and procedures.
- reading, writing and speaking Spanish;
- maintaining a clean and organized environment;
communicating clearly and effectively both verbally and inwriting; and
using personal computers to include Microsoft software, Word andExcel;
- design communication plans and materials related to the recruiting goals of the program;
- compose content for the Website;
- effectively communicate (speak, read and write) in English;
- demonstrate effective leadership;
- follow instructions and directions;
- interpret and explain program rules and regulations;
- effectively instruct applicants;
- interact appropriately and professionally with school administration officials, community organizations, juvenile justice officials, parents and political representatives;
- enforce disciplinary, safety and security measures;
- maintain appropriate communication with management;
- work independently and work a flexible schedule;
- train others;
- work well with others and establish and maintain positive working relationships;
- travel to recruit and attend special event.
attend and participate in mandatory training located in local and out of town locations.
Workinvolves standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling.Frequently lifts, carries, moves and sets up equipment and materials that weighup to 50 pounds. Requires approximately 85% travel.
If you qualify for a Veteran Employment Preference, it is mandatory that youprovide the required documentation at the time of applying. Documentationmust be provided before a Veteran Employment Preference can be granted.
Surviving Spouse of a Veteran who has not remarried - MarriageCertificate and DD Form 1300 or;
Orphan of a Veteran who was killed during active duty – BirthCertificate and DD Form 1300
Use your military skills to qualify for this position or otherjobs. Go to www.texasskillstowork.com to translate your military workexperience and training courses into civilian job terms, qualifications, andskill sets.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional dutiesthat fall in the following fields or other related fields pertaining to theminimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for thisposition and are highly encouraged to apply:
Contact TMD'sVeteran's Liaison, Carlos Cardozo if you have questions at(512)782-6822 or HR@military.texas.gov
The TexasMilitary Department does not discriminate of the basis of race, color, nationalorigin, sex, religion, age, genetic information, or status as an individualwith a disability or protected veteran status in employment or in the provisionof services.