The Beck Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MEP Construction Superintendent
at The Beck Group
- San Antonio, TX, USA
- Full Time
Who we are
We're The Beck Group, the largest and most innovative integrated building firm in the country. We are focused on delivering design and construction excellence on a broad range of project types. Headquartered in the Arts District in downtown Dallas, with offices in Atlanta, Austin, Denver, Fort Worth, Mexico City, and Tampa, we believe a better process and outcome results from working together. At Beck, you will find yourself surrounded by passionate colleagues who have a collaborative mindset and care about each other. We are committed to hiring the best and brightest within our industry, and that's why we are seeking experienced MEP Superintendents like you to help transform the industry and continue building Beck's respected reputation.
What you bring to the table
Beck is looking for a qualified Superintendent to join an extraordinary project team in San Antonio. As the Superintendent, you are primarily responsible for job organization, field staff management, OSHA and Beck Safety Manual implementation, work methods, scheduling, cost control, conformity with drawings and specifications, quality of workmanship, and assignment of work activities to accomplish economical, safe, and efficient execution of the work. You may be designated the lead Superintendent on smaller sized projects or as the lead Superintendent of a particular scope on a larger project.
The job involves the following essential functions:
- Develop a project logistics plan, Quality Assurance Program, Zero Accident plan and Excavation Methods of Procedure plan
- Review and understand the project financial information, in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Understand and manage all aspects of the building process and recommend techniques and details for building skin systems
- Collaborate in the preparation and updating of the Work Progress Schedule
- Prepare detailed look ahead schedules with subcontractors and vendors through weekly coordination meetings
- Understand and execute project permitting procedures
- Collaborate with Project Managers in subcontractor buy-out process, development of appropriate subcontract scopes of work, and bid packages
- Demonstrate Beck's culture and Core Values in daily collaborative interfaces
- Efficiently delegate work to appropriate project team members
- Learn and understand the interview process for prospective projects
- Employ Lean Construction Practices/Principles
Who we think will be a great fit
A person with the willingness to lead and develop their team while also possessing uncompromising authenticity and integrity, a thorough understanding of building construction, the ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively with all team members, and a passion to get things done. An ideal candidate will have an interest in the integrated project delivery method and in the innovation of process improvement and technology.
You also meet the following requirements:
- 5-10 years of field coordination, or relevant commercial construction project experience
- College graduate with relevant degree
- Experience using Synchro, Procore, Bluebeam, Egnyte, CMiC, and Revit or comparable construction technologies is a plus
Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity equipment; frequently ascends/descends ladders and stairs; constantly works in outdoor weather conditions; frequently moves equipment up to 50Ibs to various locations on site; constantly communicates with subcontractors, vendors, and other members of project team; ability to constantly move around job site; ability to adhere to consistent and timely attendance.
Join our team and build your future with Beck.
The Beck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.