The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ASST. DIRECTOR, TRANSPORTATION
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for the operational management of GEO Transportation, Inc. (GTI) for Southwestern GTI Operations, including contract negotiations, maintenance and operation of the transportation vehicles, guidelines and cost related activities. It ensures that all transportation activities within the Southwestern US Operations are accomplished on a timely basis and in compliance with federal and state laws, and Company policies and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides assistance to the Director of GTI Operations on all GTI operations and budgets providing services within established time frames and in compliance with contractual requirements.
- Ensures that GTI complies with the Department of Transportation (DOT) and other federal, state and local laws. In addition, ensures that all GTI activities comply with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Coordinates operational roles with any GEO joint venture partner.
- Develops and monitors the budget, expenditures and related financial activities for the Southwestern GTI operations
- Monitors the use of computerized routing programs to design and implement routes and schedules.
- Reviews vehicle preventative maintenance programs and activities to ensure that vehicles are maintained in a safe and effective operating condition.
- Recommends policies, procedures and actions related to transportation services.
- Directs the development and implementation of safety standards and procedures.
- Works with assigned facilities to recommend new hires, promotions, terminations and transfers for the purpose of maintaining staffing needs and productivity of the work force.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree in Business Management, Criminal Justice or related field; or
- Ten (10) years’ experience in directing activities of prisoner/detainee transportation in a leadership capacity. Experience using high security procedures is highly desired.
- Valid proper class motor vehicle operator’s license is required (CDL) within six (6) months of hiring date.
- Extensive knowledge of the practices, policies, regulations (government and environmental), procedures and materials involved in fleet and personnel management.
- Ability to set standards and procedures to establish satisfactory levels of performance, quality and productivity.
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Effective personnel interaction, communication skills, and problem-solving techniques.
- Sound and effective leadership skills.
- Ability to train staff.
- Ability to write reports, memoranda, policies, procedures and documentation.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.