The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3S8CS70Z84XD07QK01
Facility: CENTRAL TEXAS DETENTION FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Under general guidance, this position manages, coordinates, and directs the compliance aspects of the operations at the Facility. Provides managerial and administrative support to the Facility Administrator. Assists the Facility Administrator and other staff by performing highly confidential administrative duties, responsible for ensuring the facility meets compliance standards for American Corrections Association (ACA), contractual requirements, State and Federal laws. Supervises the institution’s internal quality control and self-monitoring activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations with a wide spectrum of employees, officials and the general public; and may serve as the facility liaison with the media.
- Conducts investigations into highly confidential and/or critical incidents and submits written reports to the Facility Administrator.
- Composes and types general correspondence to the general public and public officials.
- Conducts internal audits and inspections, and prepares reports.
- Supervises the inmate grievance and appeals process.
- Supervises the ACA process and ensures constant compliance.
- Coordinates and manages the institution’s self-monitoring program and activities, and prepares ad-hoc reports.
- Supervises the inmate law library.
- Coordinate and manage all litigation concerning the facility to ensure coordination between the facility, staff involved and attorneys.
- Responsible for Attorney Visitation and the Coordination of visits between Attorneys and inmates.
- Oversee and advise staff in the areas of release of information involving legal issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and one (1) year of professional experience in public administration or technical administrative experience in Correctional Field or Public Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of qualifying experience for each year of the required education.
- Required knowledge, skills and abilities at this level include knowledge of the methods of organization and management; of public administration; of agency policies and procedures; of grant or contract program requirements; of the legislative process; of basic research and
- statistical techniques; and of federal and state laws and regulations relating to administration of assigned programs.
- Ability is required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and develop training programs.
- Exercise good judgment in analyzing situations and making decisions.
- Ability to organize and present facts and opinions.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!