The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I
at The Geo Group
Facility: HECTOR GARZA CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
Maintains and repairs physical structures of buildings and adjacent grounds through the use of proper methods and materials in caring for the building(s) and equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Cuts grass, trims hedges, shovels snow, sweeps and cleans walks as well as assisting in keeping outside premises in orderly condition.
- Moves furniture and equipment, delivers supplies, stores supplies, and runs errands.
- Performs general maintenance such as making simple repairs to buildings and equipment.
- Evaluates and coordinates minor plumbing and electrical repairs. Contact and coordinate repairs with vendors.
- Performs routine custodial duties in the building including but not limited to cleaning latrines, stripping and waxing floors, emptying trash, and restocking paper products and cleaning supplies.
- Performs, evaluates, and coordinates general carpentry repairs on doors and furnishings, painting, patching and pointing as needed.
- Performs routine vehicle maintenance such as changing oil, checking tires, belts, hoses, and etc.
- Maintains all related grounds keeping equipment including mowers, weed eaters, rakes, snow removal equipment, and etc.
- Performs routine maintenance, repair, and testing of the standby generators.
- Maintains records of purchases, work orders, and time schedules.
- Keeps maintenance records/requisitions/etc.
- Inspect all fine equipment monthly and record results.
- Be on call after hours for non-emergency and emergency maintenance situations.
- Assesses needs and advises appropriate manager of non-routine or major repairs or problems.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High school diploma or GED and minimum two years related general maintenance experience.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.