Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Care Team Associate --Call Center-- Wellmed-- San Antonio, TX - 728999
at UnitedHealth Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 728999
As one of the largest pharmacy benefits managers in the United States, UnitedHealth Group provides a professional culture where you're empowered and encouraged to exceed the expectations of our members, with better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Care Team Associate (CTA) will effectively support the successful implementation and execution of all pharmacy programs and processes. The Care Team Associate will provide support to the pharmacy staff to ensure applicable program processes and operational responsibilities are met. The Care Team Associate will be responsible for determining eligibility of members applying for the Medical Assistance Program (MAP). This position will also provide support in troubleshooting any member issues identified by the pharmacy staff during member outreach calls.
- Receives and responds to escalated pharmacy inquiries from all communication venues: e.g. phone queue, portal, claim queue, department e-mail box or fax
- Coordinates and assists initial screening of MAP enrollment requests via all communication venues; as well as administrative preparation for clinical staff
- Conducts in-bound and out-bound calls for program requirements including, but not limited to: patient scheduling, surveys / screenings, reminder calls, census management and distribution of materials to appropriate clinical personnel or patients
- Initiates the process of granting, modifying, denying, or terminating assistance, or referring applicants to other agencies for assistance
- Collects and maintains eligibility information in an appropriate and confidential manner
- Interviews applicants by phone for program requirements
- Enters all assigned applications within a specified time frame in order to ensure eligibility deadlines are met accordingly
- Exhibits excellent phone and communication skills while providing complete and accurate information to customers
- Requests additional or supplemental information via correspondence in order to complete applications
- Adheres to assigned schedule and quality metrics
- Uses a multi-lined telephonic system to answer calls regarding eligibility requirements
- Maintains abreast of program qualifications in order to troubleshoot problems that may arise during the eligibility process
- Completes calls / assignments and ensures census management, productivity weekly and monthly standards are met
- Provides clerical and / or administrative support to clinical staff and managers for special studies, projects and reports
- Provides excellent customer service by serving as a resource to all internal and external customers
- Attends required meetings and participates in special committees as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Please note: This is an office based position located off of Northwest Parkway in San Antonio, TX. The office hours rotate M-F 8 am - 5 pm and 9 am - 6 pm. 4 hour Saturday shift every 12 weeks is required.
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of administrative support experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word and Outlook
- Must be able to work independently, with some supervision and direction from manager
- Possesses medical terminology knowledge base
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent organizational skills, customer service skills, and verbal and written communication skills to include but not limited to patients, physicians, clinical staff, contracted providers and managers
- Must maintain and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism to include both personal conduct and appearance at all times
- Must maintain strict confidentiality at all times to include but limited to patients and coworkers
- Must comply with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices
- Must adhere to all department policies and procedures
- Certified Medical Assistant training or certification
- 2 or more years of experience in a physician’s clinic or hospital
- Additional years of experience working in a medical care setting as a receptionist or medical assistant
- Bilingual language proficiency (English / Spanish)
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 90,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: telephonic, front desk, customer service, customer service representative, pharmacy, office support, administrative, MA, medical assistant, Medicare, clinic, WellMed, UnitedHealth Group, UHG, UnitedHealthcare, UHC, San Antonio, TX, Texas
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!