Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinic Assistant - Veterinary/Customer Service
at VIP Petcare
VIP Petcare is improving the lives of pets and the people who love them! We are currently looking for dedicated, professional team members who have a passion for pet wellness. Our mobile Veterinary Community Clinics provide high quality preventative and wellness pet care services including diagnostic tests, vaccinations, preventative medications, microchipping, nail trims and a wellness check commensurate with the services administered.
We are currently looking for a veterinary Clinic Assistant to join our growing team!
The Clinic Assistant provides superior customer service to clients by answering questions and assisting them through the clinic process. During the clinic, the Clinic Assistant assists Veterinarians during examinations and procedures of pets; prepare vaccines and administer according to Veterinarian instructions; make recommendations for services and products to clients based on their pet’s lifestyle; collect, prepare, and label samples such as fecal and blood for outside laboratory testing; properly label and dispense medications; review paperwork with clients and process payments.
No prior animal or medical experience needed as all training is provided on the job. Starting pay is $10.00/hour.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous customer service or sales experience preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to work schedule, which includes varied days and times, most weekends, occasional overnight, and some holiday work
- Reliable transportation to office
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Must successfully pass criminal background check and motor vehicle record check
Skills and Abilities:
- Must enjoy and be comfortable working with primarily dogs and cats of all sizes, temperaments and breeds, including handling and lifting animals as necessary.
- Present professional appearance and positive conduct
- Punctuality and dependability highly valued
- Knowledge of basic sales principles and application while making recommendations to clients
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service
- Able to work independently without direct supervision
Environment and Physical:
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle for long hours and in various terrain and weather conditions. Portion of work day spent in vehicle.
- Must be able to work for prolonged periods of time in the field, including 12-14 hours days.
- Some outdoor clinic work and activities may be necessary
- Must be able to lift up to 150 pounds assisted and 50 pounds without assistanc
- Stand/walk/move about for prolonged periods of time while at a clinic
VIP Petcare is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.