YMCA of Greater San Antonio
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of Greater San Antonio
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The housekeeper cleans and sanitizes assigned areas, including such duties as mopping, dusting, and trash removal. May complete duties related to window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, snow removal, grounds keeping, and other related responsibilities.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
1. Ensures Y is attractive and clean by completing all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. May perform wet and dust mopping, buffing floors and courts, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, and general cleaning.
2. Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
3. Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
4. Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
5. Replaces soap, paper towels, and other supplies.
6. May set up furniture for events.
7. Other duties as assigned.
• Developing Others
• Emotional Maturity
1. Six months or more of related experience preferred.
2. Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
3. Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
4. Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
5. Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
6. Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
7. Certifications required within the first week of hire: Redwoods Bloodborne Pathogens and Hazardous Communications
8. Certifications required within the first 60 days of hire: YMCA approved basic life saving skills such as CPR, First Aid, AED, and Emergency Oxygen.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
2. Ability to erect and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 30 feet.
3. Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
4. Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
5. Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
6. Ability to perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; carrying, working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.